2251 Table Rock Road
Medford, OR 97501
Hours: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, M-W & Friday, 12:30 PM-4:30 PM Thursday
The waiting lists are open for all programs.
||Homeownership Voucher Program
The Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Program is a voluntary HUD program administered by the Housing Authority. The program helps families receiving Housing Choice Voucher subsidies realize the dream of home ownership. Eligible families have the opportunity to use their voucher assistance toward the purchase of a home. Disabled and elderly families are encouraged to apply. Program size is limited.
Eligibility to apply to the program: the family must meet all of the requirements listed below before they can apply to participate in the Homeownership Program.
Requirements after entering the program:
- Participate in the Family Self Sufficiency program offered through the Housing Authority. (This requirement does not apply to elderly or disabled applicants.)
- Qualify as a "first time homeowner", having not owned a home in the past three years.
- Complete an initial one year lease term in the Housing Choice Voucher program with no tenant-caused HQS violations or violations of the terms of the lease.
- Earn more than $14,500 annually, except in the case of disabled or elderly families who must earn no less than $7,644 annually. (Income values subject to annual modification.)
- Be employed on a full time basis (30 hours/week or more) and be continuously employed for at least one year before commencement of homeownership assistance. (This requirement does not apply to elderly or disabled applicants.)
- Families must attend and satisfactorily complete pre-purchase homebuyer education classes. These include a budget class, a credit class, 10 Steps to Home Ownership and Realizing the American Dream. <links to classes>
- Families must locate suitable financing approved by the Housing Authority.
- Families must contribute at least 3% of the purchase price.
- Housing must meet purchase and inspection standards set by HUD.
- there are other program requirements to be discussed at application.
Homeownership Assistance Payments:
'How much assistance will we receive?'
The monthly mortgage subsidy is based on the family's income, household size, and the payment standard for which they qualify. The payment will be paid directly to the homeowner unless otherwise specified by the lender.
'For how long will assistance be provided?'
The payment subsidy is for a maximum term of 15 years for an initial mortgage term of 30 years. (This requirement does not apply to elderly or disabled applicants.)
'Are there any programs that can help me with the required down payment?'
Yes, there are several programs that can possibly be used for down payment and closing costs associated with a home purchase. Click on the following links for more information about each program. <links to Dream$avers and ACCESS Housing Resource Center>
For more detailed information and to complete an application form, please contact the Homeownership Program Coordinator- Dave Ruckman at 541-779-5785 x 1016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org